THE CHOICE FOR EVIDENCE BASED REHABILITATION
serving the northern illinois and southern wisconsin area
Dynamic Hand Therapy & Rehabilitation is an outpatient occupational therapy and rehabilitation practice that specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation. Our Certified Hand Therapists (CHT’s) have the highest level of hand therapy certification for treating arm and hand injuries. We are dedicated to providing high quality care in a friendly and encouraging environment. We take pride in the level of personal and compassionate care that is delivered; emphasizing a “hands-on” approach to rehabilitation and exercise. We perform comprehensive evaluations and encourage patient input for treatment planning and goal-setting. Our personalized approach ensures patient cooperation and understanding that enhances proper treatment progression to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
We accept most insurance including Medicare & Worker’s Comp.
MICHELLE PERRY SHAMASH OTR/L, CHT
Michelle graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison in 1992 and has been working as an Occupational Therapist in the Chicagoland area since. She earned her CHT (Certified Hand Therapist) in 1998 – the highest level of hand therapy certification for treating arm and hand injuries. Michelle established Dynamic Hand Therapy in 2003 after many years of experience working in prestigious university settings throughout Chicago. She specializes in traumatic injuries of the upper extremity, splinting, and Lateral/Medial Epicondylitis but can treat any diagnosis from the shoulder to the hand.
- Initial evaluations within 24-48 hours
- Flexible scheduling
- “Hands-on” personalized care with treatment tailored for each patient
- Licensed therapists who specialize in their specific field
- Friendly and open environment
- Convenient location serving Northern IL and Southern WI
Additional programs are available. Contact us for information on additional or specialty programs you may need.
- Customized Splint Fabrication (static & dynamic)
- Joint Mobilization
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Scar Management
- Wound Care
- Pain Management
- Soft Tissue Mobilization (strain/counterstrain)
- Arthritis Joint Protection
- Joint Stiffness
- Functional Deficits
- ADL Evaluation
- Electrical Stimulation
- Edema Control
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Worker’s Compensation
- Work Conditioning
- Ligament Injuries (sprains/strains)
- Wrist Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis/Repair
- Shoulder Adhesive Capsulitis
- Tennis Elbow (lateral Epicondylitis)
- Golfer’s Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders
- Fractures & Crush Injuries
- Tendon & Nerve Repair
- Sports Injuries Involving the Upper Extemity
- Injury Assessment, Treatment, Education & Prevention
- Shoulder, Hand, Elbow and Arm Injuries
- Overhead Athlete (Throwing Injuries)
For Additional Questions Please Contact Us
Yes. The choice of where you receive therapy is always yours. While the majority of our patients come to us by physician referral/recommendation, many clients request to see us due to our strong clinical reputation in the community.
Yes. A physician referral is required by your health insurance plan for you to be seen by a licensed therapist. We also offer treatments, services and/or products that do NOT require a referral and are available on a self pay basis.
We participate in the majority of major health insurance plans including Medicare and Worker’s Compensation. Please contact us prior to your first visit to see if we participate with your specific health plan.
As a service to our patients, we will gladly file claims with your insurance company on your behalf. In order to appropriately submit these claims, we will need to obtain a copy of your insurance identification card to ensure that we have the necessary information.
Your therapist will conduct an evaluation of your condition lasting between 60-90 minutes. The evaluation is necessary to create a program designed specifically to address your needs for a maximum recovery.
– Referral slip from your medical doctor
– Your medical insurance card
– Your ID
– If you are getting therapy as a result of a worker’s compensation claim or an automobile accident, you will also need to bring your claim information, including claim number.
Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to fill out any necessary paperwork.
We recommend comfortable clothing such as sweatpants or shorts, a T-shirt or tank-top and sneakers.
Each visit will last 60 – 90 minutes on average. Times vary due to the treatment and exercises being performed.
The regularity of your visits will be determined after your initial evaluation, but most patients have 3 visits each week scheduled.
“If you are the unfortunate position of needing a great hand therapist this is the place to go. The time and attention devoted to your care is unsurpassed. The therapist are knowledgeable the scheduling is flexible and best of all the environment is friendly, so you won’t dread going! They also provide all other types of therapy. I can’t say enough good things about this place!”